QB – Davis Webb – Prosper, Texas
Webb committed to Tech in May over offers from TCU, Iowa, Indiana, and others.
- Last week: Webb was 10-22 for 153 yards and a touchdown in the air and had 15 carries for 78 yards and two touchdowns on the ground.
- This Season: On the year, Webb is 117 of 206 for 1,588 yards passing, with 18 touchdowns and two interceptions and has added 424 yards and eight scores on the ground, on 80 carries.
- The team: Prosper (7-1) beat Little Elm (3-5) last week 31-27 and is on the road at Frisco Liberty (3-5) this week.
Texas Tech athlete commit Caleb Woodward eclipsed 1,000 yards rushing on the year last weekend.
RB – Jalen Rhodes – Rowlett, Texas
Rhodes committed to Tech in June over offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, and others.
- Last week: Rhodes is out for the year with a knee injury.
- This Season: Rhodes has 76 carries for 455 yards and four touchdowns, and six catches for 15 yards.
- The team: Rowlett (2-6) beat Garland Naaman Forest (2-6) last Thursday 37-7 and hosts North Garland (1-7) this week.
WR – Dylan Cantrell – Whitehouse, Texas
Cantrell chose the Red Raiders in March, over offers from West Virginia, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and others.
- Last week: Cantrell had three catches for 86 yards and three touchdowns.
- This Season: On the year Cantrell has 43 catches for 864 yards and eleven touchdowns.
- The Team: Whitehouse improves to 8-0 after a 52-21 win over winless Nacogdoches, and hosts Corsicana (3-5) this week.
WR – Devin Lauderdale – Houston, Texas (Bellaire)
Lauderdale committed to the Red Raiders in February over offers from Alabama, Auburn, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and many others.
- Last Week: Lauderdale had four catches for 147 yards and two touchdowns and one rush for ten yards and a touchdown.
- This season: On the season he has 18 receptions for 392 yards and seven touchdowns, and nine rushes for 127 yards and three touchdowns.
- The Team: Bellaire (4-4) won 35-28 over Westbury (2-7) and hosts Houston Lamar (8-0) this week.
WR – Jakari Dillard – Princeton, Texas
Dillard, while only a junior, is committed to sign with Tech in February 2014. Dillard chose Tech over early offers from Mississippi State and Syracuse.
- Last Week: Dillard had eight catches for 110 yards and two touchdowns.
- This Season: On the year he has 30 catches for 375 yards and eight touchdowns.
- The Team: Princeton (8-0) handled Anna (6-3) last week, 59-28, and is on the road at Melissa (6-2) this week.
OL – Maurice Porter – Missouri City, Texas (Fort Bend Marshall)
Porter chose the Red Raiders in July over offers from Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, and others.
- Last Week: Porter helped Fort Bend Marshall rack up 723 yards on offense.
- The Team: Fort Bend Marshall advanced to (8-0) after their 60-0 shutout of Spring Woods (2-6) and hosts Houston Northbrook (3-5) this week.
OL – Baylen Brown - San Antonio, Texas (O’Connor)
Brown committed to Tech over offers from Mississippi State, Purdue, Oklahoma State, Baylor, and more.
- Last Week: O’Connor had a bye week
- The Team: San Antonio O’Connor (6-2) hosts San Antonio Stevens (1-8) this week.
OL – Cody Hayes – Fort Worth, Texas (Eastern Hills)
Hayes chose the Red Raiders over offers from New Mexico and UTEP, and interest from Arizona, Kansas, and Louisiana Tech.
- This Season: Hayes has over 12 pancakes and has allowed one sack.
- The Team: Eastern Hills (3-5) lost 55-7 to Fort Worth Boswell (6-2) and plays Dunbar (4-4) this week.
DE – Terrell Hartsfield – Wesson, Mississippi (Copiah-Lincoln CC)
Hartsfield has been committed to Texas Tech for almost three years.
- Last Week: Hartsfield had six tackles and 1 ½ sacks.
- This season: Hartsfield has 52 tackles, 5 1/2 sacks, a fumble recovery and a pass breakup.
DE – Jerrell Jordan – Wesson, Mississippi (Copiah-Lincoln CC)
- Last Week: Jordan did not know his stats for last week.
- This Season: Before last week, Jordan had 53 tackles, six sacks, two fumble recoveries and an interception.
- The Team: Copiah-Lincoln (7-2) beat winless Southwest Mississippi (0-8) 23-10 and will begin playoffs soon.
LB – DaKorey Johnson – Athens, Texas (Trinity Valley CC)
Johnson committed to Tech in July over offers from Memphis and Arkansas State.
- This Season: Defensive season statistics are not yet available.
- The Team: TVCC finished the season 3-6 (1-5).
DB – Darren Doston – Visalia, California (College of the Sequoias)
Doston committed to the Red Raiders in May over offers from Iowa State, South Florida, Washington State, and others.
- Last Week: Doston had one tackle in CoS’ 22-23 loss to Sierra
- This season: On the season Doston has 22 tackles, an interception, four pass breakups and 1.5 tackles for loss.
- The team: College of the Sequoias (4-4) lost 22-23 to Sierra (4-4) and hosts American River (6-2) this week.
DB – Stormy Butler – Visalia, California (College of the Sequoias)
Butler, with teammate Doston, has been committed to Tech since May. Butler is the younger brother of Indianapolis Colts' Darius Butler.
- Last Week: In his last game, Butler had one tackle and two pass breakups.
- This Season: Butler has 41 tackles, an interception returned 96 yards for a touchdown, and five pass breakups this season.
DB – Maurice Chandler – Lawton, Oklahoma
Chandler committed to Tech in July over offers from Kansas State, Oregon State, and others.
- Last Week: Chandler is out for the year with an arm injury.
- This Season: In three games played this year, Chandler has 17 tackles, two interceptions, three catches for 125 yards, and two rushes for 45 yards.
- The Team: Lawton (6-3) lost 37-34 to Mustang (6-3) and hosts Norman (7-2) this week.
DB – Will Barrow – Dallas, Texas (Skyline)
Barrow committed to Texas Tech in February.
- Last Week: Defensive statistics were not available from Barrow’s last game.
- The Team: Dallas Skyline improves to 7-1 (5-0) after a 35-13 win over Richardson (3-5). Skyline plays W.T. White (2-6) this week.
DB – Aneas Henricks – Bastrop, Texas
Henricks chose Texas Tech over Wake Forest in September.
- Last Week: Henricks recorded two tackles.
- This Season: On the year Henricks said he has over 20 tackles, a punt return for a touchdown, six pass breakups, two forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery.
- The team: Bastrop (3-5) was shut out by Pflugerville Connally (7-1) 30-0 and travels to Elgin (4-4) this week.
Athlete – Justis Nelson – Dallas, Texas (Dallas Christian)
Nelson chose Tech in July over Air Force and Harvard. Nelson is his team’s leading receiver, but is expected to play cornerback for Tech.
- Last Week: In last week’s game, Nelson had two tackles, one catch for 12 yards and a 63-yard punt return for a touchdown.
- This Season: On the year he has 18 catches for 402 yards and four touchdowns as well as 33 tackles and nine pass breakups.
- The Team: Dallas Christian (8-0) beat the Shelton Chargers (1-6) 49-10 and is on the road at Tyler Bishop Gorman (2-6) this week.
Athlete – Caleb Woodward – Leander, Texas
Woodward committed to Tech in July over interest from Wake Forest and Northwestern.
- Last Week: Woodward rushed for 142 yards and three touchdowns on 26 carries, was 1-5 passing for 11 yards, and caught a 66-yard touchdown.
- This Season: On the year Woodward is 28 for 53 with 400 yards passing, two touchdowns and one interception and has rushed for 1,059 yards and ten touchdowns on 199 carries.
- The team: Last week Leander (8-1) shut out Dripping Springs (3-5) 37-0 and has a bye this week.
Already have an account? Sign In