QB – Davis Webb – Prosper, Texas
Webb committed to Tech in May over offers from TCU, Iowa, Indiana, and others.
- Last week: Webb was 18-27 for 217 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He also had 6 carries for 33 yards on the ground.
- This Season: On the year, Webb is 135 of 233 for 1,805 yards passing, 19 touchdowns and three interceptions and has added 457 yards and eight scores on the ground, on 86 carries.
- The team: Prosper (8-1) beat Frisco Liberty (3-6) 28-13 last week and hosts Frisco (6-3) this week.
Texas Tech commits Terrell Hartsfield (left) and Jerrell Jordan (right), of Copiah-Lincoln Community College.
RB – Jalen Rhodes – Rowlett, Texas
Rhodes committed to Tech in June over offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, and others.
- Last week: Rhodes is out for the year with a knee injury.
- This Season: Rhodes has 76 carries for 455 yards and four touchdowns, and six catches for 15 yards.
- The team: Rowlett (3-6) beat North Garland (1-8) 38-14 last week and is on the road at Garland Lakeview Centennial (5-4) this week.
WR – Dylan Cantrell – Whitehouse, Texas
Cantrell chose the Red Raiders in March, over offers from West Virginia, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and others.
- Last week: Cantrell had six catches for 141 yards and a touchdown.
- This Season: “I have 49 receptions, 1,003 yards, 12 touchdowns, and one two point conversion (20.47 yards per catch) in nine games. I have only played three full games this season. We are currently 9-0,” Cantrell said.
- The Team: Whitehouse improves to 9-0 after a 54-28 win over Corsicana (3-6) last week and is on the road at John Tyler (8-1) this week.
WR – Devin Lauderdale – Houston, Texas (Bellaire)
Lauderdale committed to the Red Raiders in February over offers from Alabama, Auburn, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and many others.
- Last Week: Bellaire’s stats were not available.
- This season: On the season he has 18 receptions for 392 yards and seven touchdowns, and 12 rushes for 127 yards and three touchdowns.
- The Team: Bellaire (4-5) lost to Houston Lamar (9-0) 40-7 last week and is on the road at Houston Westside (6-3) this week.
WR – Jakari Dillard – Princeton, Texas
Dillard, while only a junior, is committed to sign with Tech in February 2014. Dillard chose Tech over early offers from Mississippi State and Syracuse.
- Last Week: Dillard had four catches for 33 yards and a touchdown.
- This Season: On the year he has 408 yards and nine touchdowns on 34 catches.
- The Team: Princeton (8-1) suffered their first loss of the season on the road at Melissa (7-2) last week and hosts the Nevada Community Braves (4-5) this week.
OL – Maurice Porter – Missouri City, Texas (Fort Bend Marshall)
Porter chose the Red Raiders in July over offers from Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, and others.
- Last Week: Porter helped Fort Bend Marshall rack up 475 yards on the ground..
- The Team: Fort Bend Marshall advanced to (9-0) after their 58-0 shutout of Houston Northbrook (3-6) last week and they are on the road at Fort Bend Willowridge (3-6) this week.
OL – Baylen Brown - San Antonio, Texas (O’Connor)
Brown committed to Tech over offers from Mississippi State, Purdue, Oklahoma State, Baylor, and more.
- Last Week: Brown did not know how many pancakes he had last week.
- The Team: San Antonio O’Connor (7-2) beat San Antonio Stevens (1-8) 45-17 last week and is on the road at San Antonio Taft (3-6) this week.
OL – Cody Hayes – Fort Worth, Texas (Eastern Hills)
Hayes chose the Red Raiders over offers from New Mexico and UTEP, and interest from Arizona, Kansas, and Louisiana Tech.
- Last Week: Hayes had six pancakes and gave up one sack.
- This Season: Hayes has 18 pancakes and has allowed two sacks.
- The Team: Eastern Hills (3-6) lost 42-13 to Dunbar (5-4) last week and plays Fort Worth Carter-Riverside (3-6) this week.
DE – Terrell Hartsfield – Wesson, Mississippi (Copiah-Lincoln CC)
Hartsfield has been committed to Texas Tech for almost three years.
- Last Week: Hartsfield said he had “seven tackles, one blocked field goal and two bat downs, and one of those was almost a pick six, and 1.5 sacks.”
- This season: Hartsfield has 59 tackles, seven sacks, a fumble recovery, a blocked field goal and three pass breakups.
DE – Jerrell Jordan – Wesson, Mississippi (Copiah-Lincoln CC)
- Last Week: Jordan had nine tackles, two sacks and one tackle for loss.
- This Season: Jordan has at least 62 tackles, eight sacks, two fumble recoveries and an interception this season.
- The Team: Copiah-Lincoln (8-2) rallied from a 40-28 deficit with 8:45 left in the fourth quarter to upset No. 10 East Mississippi 47-46 in the semifinals. Co-Lin plays for the MACJC State Championship on Saturday against the No. 7 Mississippi Gulf Coast Bulldogs.
LB – DaKorey Johnson – Athens, Texas (Trinity Valley CC)
Johnson committed to Tech in July over offers from Memphis and Arkansas State.
- This Season: Defensive season statistics are not yet available.
- The Team: TVCC finished the season 3-6 (1-5).
DB – Darren Doston – Visalia, California (College of the Sequoias)
Doston committed to the Red Raiders in May over offers from Iowa State, South Florida, Washington State, and others.
- Last Week: Doston had three tackles and did not give up a reception to the American River offense.
- This season: On the season Doston has 25 tackles, an interception, four pass breakups and 1.5 tackles for loss.
- The team: College of the Sequoias (4-5) lost 31-27 to American River (7-2) last week and is on the road at Fresno College (7-2) this week.
DB – Stormy Butler – Visalia, California (College of the Sequoias)
Butler, with teammate Doston, has been committed to Tech since May. Butler is the younger brother of Indianapolis Colts' Darius Butler.
- Last Week: Butler had seven tackles, two pass breakups, and an interception.
- This Season: Butler has 48 tackles, two interceptions – one returned 96 yards for a touchdown, and seven pass breakups this season.
DB – Maurice Chandler – Lawton, Oklahoma
Chandler committed to Tech in July over offers from Kansas State, Oregon State, and others.
- Last Week: Chandler is out for year the with an arm injury.
- This Season: In three games played this year, Chandler has 17 tackles, two interceptions, three catches for 125 yards, and two rushes for 45 yards.
- The Team: Lawton (6-4) lost 26-15 to Mustang (7-3) to finish out the season.
DB – Will Barrow – Dallas, Texas (Skyline)
Barrow committed to Texas Tech in February.
- Last Week: Defensive statistics were not available from Barrow’s last game.
- The Team: Dallas Skyline improves to 8-1 after a 70-14 win over W.T. White (2-7) last week and is on the road at Berkner (4-5) this week.
DB – Aneas Henricks – Bastrop, Texas
Henricks chose Texas Tech over Wake Forest in September.
- Last Week: Henricks recorded two tackles, three pass breakups and two long kick returns.
- This Season: On the year Henricks said he has over 22 tackles, a punt return for a touchdown, nine pass breakups, two forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery.
- The team: Bastrop (3-6) was shut out by Elgin (4-5) last week and is on the road at Georgetown (9-0) this week.
Athlete – Justis Nelson – Dallas, Texas (Dallas Christian)
Nelson chose Tech in July over Air Force and Harvard. Nelson is his team’s leading receiver, but is expected to play cornerback for Tech.
- Last Week: Nelson had two catches for 36 yards and a touchdown, two tackles and one pass breakup.
- This Season: On the year he has 20 catches for 438 yards and five touchdowns as well as 35 tackles and ten pass breakups.
- The Team: Dallas Christian (9-0) shut out Tyler Bishop Gorman (2-7) last week and hosts Trinity Christian-Cedar Hill (2-7) this week.
Athlete – Caleb Woodward – Leander, Texas
Woodward committed to Tech in July over interest from Wake Forest and Northwestern.
- This Season: On the year Woodward is 28 for 53 with 400 yards passing, two touchdowns and one interception and has rushed for 1,059 yards and ten touchdowns on 199 carries.
- The team: Leander (8-1) had a bye last week and hosts Marble Falls (4-5) this week.
Already have an account? Sign In